Back to the Uncle Mike part... in the hotel elevator, Uncle Mike kept "ringing that bell." Tess kept telling him to stop, and he would push the button each time, making the elevator alarm ring. Tess scolded him several times and accused him of "not being a good listener" and threatened time-out. I think she may have actually put him in time-out at least once. Ever since we've been home, this memorable situation has been quite the topic of discussion. Just when we think Tess has forgotten about it, out comes, "Mike better not be ringing that bell." Poor thing can't shake the rule-breaker from her psyche. Can you say future prosecutor?
Getting ready for the boat ride
Here's a close up of the last one...Getting ready to fly our kites
Ok, these next two require a explanation...
Every year when we're here for this weekend, we see this group of "Boot Scooters." Basically, they are a group of senior citizen country line dancers. Yes. And they perform in the middle of one of the streets as part of the Lilac Festival. We usually see them because they are right outside our hotel. So what happens next, you ask? Well, while my mom and I ducked into a store really quick (and the boys were waiting for us outside), Damon got recruited to take the annual Boot Scooter picture. Yes. I came out of the store and Damon was draped with about 13 cameras. I am pretty sure that I took more pictures with my own camera then we took with any of theirs.
And here is a video of Tess and Papa groovin' to the tunes of the Boot Scooters. Maybe Tess could start her own group called the "Booty Shakers."
Getting ready to get on the boat to go home
No comments:
Post a Comment