So Tess' birthday festivities are officially off and running. Today was her parenting group birthday party (where all her buddies are the same age, hence a party for all of them). We rented out a bounce place where they could run and bounce themselves silly. Unfortunately, Dad had to stay home since he has come down with whatever awfulness Tess had. Yuck. We were sad we had to leave him behind. Little did I know how much I was really going to miss him...
Tess started out having a great time playing with her pals. Of course, we had the usual short spells of crying that come with getting banged up here and there while playing at a place like this. However, at some point, madness set in and Tess pretty much lost it. I can't quite figure out what set her off, but something definitely did and it got ugly. Looking back, I am wondering if she still wasn't feeling 100%.
Once play time was over, we went into the party room for pizza and cupcakes. Tess wanted nothing to do with any of it. Good times. When the cupcakes and candles came out for all of the kids, Tess was pretty much in hysterics. And when I tried to take a classic video of Tess crying and holding her hands over her ears while all the parents were singing Happy Birthday to the kids (the rest of whom were happily sitting side-by-side with their cupcakes and candles in front of them), the camera got stupid on me and the video never saved. Again, good times. And this is all while I was trying to juggle Miss. Nora too. I'll tell you what... if I ever decide to open a bounce house for kids' birthday parties, there WILL be a stocked bar for the parents. You can bet on that.
Let's look at the bright side... the birthday festivities can only get better from here!
Tess started out having a great time playing with her pals. Of course, we had the usual short spells of crying that come with getting banged up here and there while playing at a place like this. However, at some point, madness set in and Tess pretty much lost it. I can't quite figure out what set her off, but something definitely did and it got ugly. Looking back, I am wondering if she still wasn't feeling 100%.
Once play time was over, we went into the party room for pizza and cupcakes. Tess wanted nothing to do with any of it. Good times. When the cupcakes and candles came out for all of the kids, Tess was pretty much in hysterics. And when I tried to take a classic video of Tess crying and holding her hands over her ears while all the parents were singing Happy Birthday to the kids (the rest of whom were happily sitting side-by-side with their cupcakes and candles in front of them), the camera got stupid on me and the video never saved. Again, good times. And this is all while I was trying to juggle Miss. Nora too. I'll tell you what... if I ever decide to open a bounce house for kids' birthday parties, there WILL be a stocked bar for the parents. You can bet on that.
Let's look at the bright side... the birthday festivities can only get better from here!
How old are you going to be, Tess?
Tess decked out in her birthday shirt, jeans and sparkle shoes.
For a trip down memory lane, click here.
Her special party 'do.
Her special party 'do.
As you can see, the fun is O-V-E-R.No, I am not going to blow out the candles. And you can't make me.
Here is a picture of Tess trying to put on a happy face as we were leaving. And this was even after her balloon flew away the moment we stepped outside. The perfect ending to the perfect party.
No comments:
Post a Comment