So we are still working on the potty training. Shocker, I know. Unfortunately, we are far more interested in it than Tess (yes, the excitement of the jelly beans quickly wore off*), therefore it's been on the back burner for a while.
Yesterday, Tess wanted to sit on the "big" potty, so of course, we quickly dropped everything and scrambled to make it happen. Then everything stopped while she sat.
And sat.
And sat.
After a LOOOOOOOONG while of things like "Mommy, listen!" (there was nothing to hear) and "I'm not done yet" (okay, we'll wait longer) and then forcing me to leave the room until she was ready, she announced that she was done and confessed that she didn't go. I then got her down and told her it was time to put her diaper back on, at which point she excitedly proclaimed ever-so-sincerely, "Oh good! Now I can go potty."
* All it took was one black one to come out and that was the end of the fun. A complete turn off. Never thought to edit the stash ahead of time. Not sure if I can repair the damage at this juncture. A surprise switch to M&Ms may be our only hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment