Thursday, July 29, 2010

Tess' first trip to the dentist!

Well, I was thinking it would be either horrific or hellacious.  Luckily, such low expectations left lots of room to be pleasantly surprised!

Dad also had a teeth cleaning scheduled for today, so we spent the first few minutes watching him.  That was pretty fun... until it was time for Tess' turn.  Then not so fun.  Soon I was ready to hurt Dad for scheduling his appointment for the same time as Tess' (he claims that he didn't do this, but whatever) since I was in need of some much needed physical help getting Tess near the dentist chair.  Luckily, Dad's hygienist heard all of the commotion and agreed to give him a breather so he could assist.

Tess had fun riding the chair up and down a few times and then finally let the dentist look in her mouth and count her teeth.  Next, she managed to let the dentist look in her mouth with the little mirror, clean them and put the fluoride on them!  Who is this girl?!  (Ok, so it wasn't quite as smooth as I'm describing, but compared to what I expected, she did pretty darn good.)  She even gave the dentist a hug on the way out! (Dislaimer: this was after she was allowed to rummage through the "treasure chest" for about 15 minutes and given free reign behind the front desk.)

Trying to hide in Dad's armpit
Finally starting to cooperate
A little cleaning
Way to open wide, Tess
A new toothbrush!

No, this isn't at the dentist but I couldn't resist!

No comments: