For Thanksgiving, we traveled to Chicago to meet up with the big Tillman family. We stayed downtown and had a great time. Just like we did in 2010, on Thanksgiving Day, we woke up early and rolled out of bed onto State Street to watch the Thanksgiving Day parade! So fun! And this year, we even had some very special guests join us...
We had to wake up pretty darn early to get front row seats, but it was worth it!
And then our BFFs arrived!!!
(I make it sound like we had to wait a long time for them, but we didn't. Ok, we did. But we still love 'em.)
And then FINALLY, the darn parade actually started! Hallelujah!
Creepy. But an awesome shot right in front of the McDonald's store across the street, if I do say so myself. McDonald's Corp may be contacting me any minute for the rights to this pic.
There were many big gaps in the parade where we had to wait for some action (or bands to play and then pass). But amazingly, the girls were riveted the entire time. Um, not really.
There were some pretty cute little animals that looked completely fake and mysteriously manufactured...
... which resulted in many "awwwwwwws!" from our group.
Always a crowd favorite.
One of the many completely outdated, er, vintage floats. Nora's astute observation: "Mommy, that isn't Mickey Mouse." She wasn't impressed.
Another riveting moment.
I must admit, we became a little obsessed with this woman. I think we were the only ones who saw her as it was apparent that no one in the parade followed her directions whatsoever.
Jennifer and Captain Jack's completely fabulous outake.
The framing version.
One of Nora's favorites.
And the little dog too!
Yes, this is my favorite. And no, I'm not a fifth grade boy. But perhaps I should be. Just be glad I didn't zoom in on his you-know-what like I was on the camera for half of the morning. Simple Thanksgiving morning pleasures.
And oldie but a goodie. Or I could say, an "odie" but a goodie... I crack myself up.
In front of the Palmer House tree before leaving to go to Aunt Barb and Uncle Bob's for Thanksgiving with the fam.
The girls with a random puppy in the lobby of the hotel.
Cousins!
Uncle Marky Mark
Tess is already kicking Papa's butt in ping pong
Tess and her buddy Lindsay











No comments:
Post a Comment